Tuesday 12 March 2019

Should your shower be hot or cold?

Image result for hot or cold shower

There is a lot of talk about showering - and the benefits of it being hot or cold.
My local gym has one shower head that is cold - I admit that I prefer the hot ones though.

Bur which is better - or do they both have their uses:  This comes from a website, but I am not too sure about a couple of the claims - in particular the cold.

A Hot Shower
Relaxes the muscles
Lowers Body tension
Can help alleviate migraines
Reduces swelling
Reduces anxiety - through relaxation
Acts as a nasal decongestant
Removes toxins from the skin
Opens pores while cleaning
Good to do at night

A Cold Shower
Stimulates the immune system
Increases alertness (well it would certainly wake me up)
Can help prevent colds (I thought a cold was down to germs)
Anti-depression hormones
Accelerates metabolism
Frees up the mind
Tightens the skin
Reduce hair loss (this is a strange one)
Good to do in the morning

I guess in the end it all comes down to personal taste. In the James Bond books he often will have a cold shower, mixed with a hot shower, as it keeps him alert. Who knows??  

No comments:

Post a Comment